The highest level of the ForneyVault hierarchy is the project.
In order to create your specimens in ForneyVault, you start at the project level. To create a new project:
- After logging into ForneyTools, click on Project Home in the middle of the home page.
- At the top of the Project index page, click on Create New Project.
- Type your project identifier in the Project Number field (it can be alpha-numeric – it doesn't need to be a number).
- You can add a description and formal name, if you like.
- You can choose a client from the dropdown if you created a list of clients earlier (refer to this article to learn about creating clients).
- You will see that your default lab is already chosen if you set that up earlier.
- Click Create to create your project.
- Your new project will appear on the Project index page.
- Repeat for each of your projects.
- If you need to edit a project, click Edit to the right of that project.
- If you need to delete a project, click Details to the right of the project.
- Click Delete below the project information.
- You will need to click the delete button to confirm that you want to delete this project. You cannot delete a project if there is at least one location in that project – you'll need to delete the location first.